The HONORABLE CHARACTER™ Classroom Management System for Christian Schools provides positive behavior management materials based on Scripture. Our Christian school materials teach students the importance of universally valued character traits like obedience, respect, and diligence.
The HONORABLE CHARACTER™ approach is a natural fit for Christian education programs. Each character trait listed on our Christian character development charts is accompanied by relevant Scripture—this helps students see the connections between their choices and the Word of God.
The HONORABLE CHARACTER™ Approach
The HONORABLE CHARACTER™ system helps kids learn to regulate their emotions and make better decisions.
Here’s how it works:
- Identify positive behaviors. Teachers look for students exhibiting the traits highlighted on the HONORABLE CHARACTER™ Trait Poster or Chart—like self-control, diligence, cooperation, obedience, and respect. There are 14 traits for elementary school kids and 6 for preschoolers. All traits are based on universally valued moral principles.
- Chart the behavior. When teachers observe a student exhibiting one of the identified character traits, they (or the student) record it next to the student’s name on the HONORABLE CHARACTER™ Recording Chart.
- Build authentic school-family partnerships. Each week, teachers inform parents of their child’s honorable choices via a simple communication tool.
Why the HONORABLE CHARACTER™ System Works
HONORABLE CHARACTER™ is a prevention-based system. It uses positive reinforcement for good behavior. This naturally reduces the need for correction. If a student behaves unwisely or needs help developing a particular character trait, the system guides teachers on how they can hold kids accountable.
What’s Included in a Classroom Set
Each HONORABLE CHARACTER™ classroom set includes:
- Access to web-based teacher training modules (for 30 days).
- HONORABLE CHARACTER™ Trait Poster (17” x 27”) lists positive traits (14 traits for elementary school, 6 for preschool), each with a supporting Scripture and reference.
- HONORABLE CHARACTER™ Recording Chart (17” x 27”) tracks constructive behaviors while ensuring recognition of all children.
- HONORABLE CHARACTER™ THINK Poster (131/2” x 19”).
- HONORABLE CHARACTER™ Teacher Support Binder (1/2”), which includes:
- Reproducible Conduct Card (promotes weekly teacher-to-parent connection)
- Helpful Hints and Instructions (provides at-a-glance guidelines for teachers)
- Record of Conduct Form (streamlines weekly record-keeping)
- Reproducible Think Sheet [Elementary] (offers a correction tool example)
- Character Reinforcement Form [Preschool] (offers a correction tool example)
- Specialty Class Conduct Form (simplifies communication between teachers)
- Character Trait Examples (inspires teachers with tangible trait identifications)
- What Does It Look Like? (provides enrichment ideas)
- Sheet of YIELD and STOP Cut-Out Signs (provides a correction reminder tool)
- Sample Individual Behavioral Plan (IBP)
- Sample SMART Goal Sheet
Kids who learn how to effectively manage their emotions tend to display more empathy toward others and grow into confident, secure adults.
The HONORABLE CHARACTER™ system has been credited with changing the classroom environment and even school culture. It’s why our behavior charts are used in Christian classrooms throughout the U.S.
Build the character of your students and strengthen their relationship with God with HONORABLE CHARACTER™.