Keeping your kids on track can sometimes feel like an overwhelming challenge—no matter what you do or which parenting style you try. If you’re struggling with tantrums, arguments, and attitude from your kids at home or you’re simply tired of nagging, you’re not alone.
Parents often over-focus on punishments for undesirable behavior. What if there is a better, more constructive way to bring out the best in your child?
The HONORABLE CHARACTER™ system for kids takes a unique approach. Our behavior chart for home use helps you identify and reward positive behaviors, rather than focusing on the negative.
Here’s how our behavior charts work:
- Catch your child exhibiting the traits highlighted on the HONORABLE CHARACTER™ Chart. There are 14 traits for elementary school kids and 6 for preschoolers. All traits are based on universally valued moral principles like respect, kindness, and organization.
- Acknowledge the good behavior with words of affirmation (and maybe a hug!)
- Chart your child’s positive behavior on our easy-to-use, colorful recording charts.
Kids need clear, written goals. Our positive behavior chart for the home is a fun, visual way to track their progress from day to day and over time.
Why the HONORABLE CHARACTER™ system works
- It builds character. Kids learn the importance of universally valued traits like responsibility and cooperation. The HONORABLE CHARACTER™ system helps them master these traits so they can grow into emotionally centered, empathic adults.
- It provides immediate feedback. With the HC behavior chart, kids get feedback about their positive behaviors on the spot. They can see how well they’re doing just by glancing at the chart and spot which traits they may need to work on demonstrating more often.
- It motivates kids in a constructive way. Too much focus on negative or undesirable behaviors can make children feel bad or unworthy. The HONORABLE CHARACTER™ system helps parents focus on the positive. The system incorporates social-emotional learning, which equips children with the tools they need to effectively manage their emotions. Children who know how to manage their emotions are better at navigating relationships and controlling their behavior.
Kids who use the HONORABLE CHARACTER™ system are less likely to act out in disruptive ways, tend to perform better academically, and have improved attitudes. It’s why HC is used in thousands of homes and classrooms across the country.
The system helps you build relationships based on trust, love, and respect. For kids, it lays out clearly defined traits to strive toward. For parents, it provides constructive focus and a framework to guide children’s behavior—without nagging.
Change the atmosphere of your home with HONORABLE CHARACTER™.